San Francisco 49ers Hit With Ransomware
The San Francisco 49ers is an American football team that claimed that it was attacked by ransomware. The cybercriminals claimed that they stole vital financial data from the American football team. However, the cybercriminals haven’t elaborated how much data they have stolen. The attack made by BlackByte was revealed by the BlackByte’s operators. They made a list indicating that they have made the San Francisco 49ers their next victim. As soon as the team knew that their system was attacked by BlackByte ransomware, they decided to investigate the matter. The team stated that the attack disrupted its corporate IT network system.
BlackByte Attacks San Francisco 49ers
Ransomware attackers, BlackByte, are hacking multiple companies, organizations, and other firms. In the ransomware attacks of BlackByte, they encrypt the organization’s sensitive data. Then, they demand payment from the organization to unscramble the hacked data. San Francisco 49ers have hired a reputable and reliable cybersecurity team to tackle data theft. Unfortunately, the attack happened just after when the cybercriminals claimed to steal the data of a whole host of US as well as foreign businesses. Moreover, it attacked some big entities and imposed a great threat to other organizations.
Need of Cybersecurity Solutions for NFL Teams
With the disclosure of new attacks and hackers, it becomes quite important for organizations to strengthen their cybersecurity solutions. Aside from the companies, NFL teams need to include strict cybersecurity measures. NFL (National football league) teams are under high threat of ransomware attacks – and the reason is the large size of an NFL team. Therefore, choosing the right IT security solutions has become more and more important. Cybersecurity should be varied, adaptive, and multifaceted to ensure that it can protect the sensitive information of every organization.
NIST Cyber Security Framework & Its Core Functions
The best way to protect the data organization is by choosing the NIST Cyber Security Framework. It is one of the most powerful tools to improve and strengthen the cybersecurity program in your organization. In addition, this framework can help you prepare yourself for the upcoming threats and data breaches. Considered as a gold standard for cybersecurity programs, it can help you to get over ransomware and malware attacks.
Let’s have a detailed look at the five major core functions of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
The first main aspect of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework is the identification phase. This is quite important for business owners as it enables organizations to understand more about their cybersecurity needs. This function enables the businesses to understand the highly beneficial resources for the critical functions of the organization. Some of the main things that the identification phase include are:
- Identification of business environment and organization that include the supply chain too
- Identify the threats that target the internal and external organizational resources
- Identify risk tolerance to establish a risk management strategy
The next function is to protect the organization’s sensitive data from cybersecurity attacks. Some of the crucial things that are covered by the protect function include:
- The organization’s staff is trained to enhance the security awareness among them.
- Information systems and other vital business assets are implemented
- The technology is managed to ensure it complies with the laws, processes, and policies of the organization
The next step is to detect the potential cybersecurity incidents that can impact the functions of an organization. Some of the activities covered in the detection phase include:
- The critical cybersecurity events and anomalies are thoroughly detected. Also, the impact is thoroughly understood to ensure that it won’t impact your organization.
- The physical activities and network are monitored to protect you from cybersecurity events.
Once the cyberattacks are detected and monitored, the next function responds to cybersecurity threats.
- The response plan is prepared and thoroughly executed during as well as after the incident
- Improvements are implemented to incorporate response activities
- The incident is thoroughly analyzed to offer the right response and support the recovery activities
To reduce the high impact of cybersecurity, it’s quite important to start the recovery process soon. Therefore, the recovery phase of the NIST CyberSecurity Framework pays extra attention to bringing the normal functions back.
- The implementation of the right measures is done to curb the effects of cybersecurity attacks
- Coordination of internal as well as external communications to speed up the recovery process
Protection Against Cybersecurity Threats Is Extra Important
Undoubtedly, protecting your organization’s data is one of the most crucial things that need investment. Unfortunately, today’s highly competitive world has made it hard for organizations to get complete protection. One cybersecurity threat can bring your organization upside down. It can highly impact your business’s productivity and affect the employees of your organization. Many businesses choose firewall and antivirus programs for extra security. But these programs aren’t enough to get rid of cybersecurity attacks. This is why it’s a smart idea to understand the small details of your organization. Loopholes should be identified to ensure that there is no way for hackers to affect your business. If you run short of time or effort in covering every loophole and making your business secure, GIASPACE is ready to help you with the best assistance. A trusted and reliable partner by your side can help you to choose the right cybersecurity measures to protect your system.
Tips to Protect Your Organization from Ransomware
Now that you’ve got an idea of how adversely the network of the San Francisco 49ers has been affected, it’s time to follow the right measures and seek assistance from a third party. GIASPACE is one of the leading IT service providers that have helped numerous organizations secure themselves from such attacks. Now that NFL teams are in the first place of cybersecurity attacks, they need to pay extra attention and adopt proactive measures to monitor, manage and eliminate suspicious activity.
- One of the best ways to protect against ransomware attacks is by implementing top-notch IT practices. Organizations need to pay extra attention to what is going on in their system and its impact on them.
- To ensure data integrity, proper backups and test restores should be included. One of the best ways to protect your organization from ransomware is by encryption of backups. They must be stored on air-gapped hardware. This, in turn, will prevent the hardware from ransomware attacks.
- Your organization needs to create as well as maintain a cybersecurity incident response plan. This is one of the easiest ways to know what your organization needs to do after such an incident happens.
- Updating your server and workstation is another important thing that can help you to avoid ransomware attacks. Regular patching and updating to the latest versions will keep the attacks at bay.
- Auditing public-facing internet services will ensure that no hacker can find a way to your system. Also, you need to ensure that access is limited to VPN traffic, local traffic, or certain IP addresses.
- Last but not least, training the employees is quite important to ensure that they know about questionable content, malicious emails, and other related activity.
Why Should You Choose a Cybersecurity Firm like GIASPACE for Protection Against Ransomware?
Every business or organization, be it small or big, is at the risk of ransomware attacks. This is why it’s a smart idea to invest in a cybersecurity firm that can help you protect your assets, brand, and reputation in the market. If you’re still on the fence about whether or not you should hire a cybersecurity firm for ransomware protection, here are a few benefits of choosing the right IT security solution provider – GIASPACE.
- Breaching sensitive data can highly impact your business. It can degrade the reputation of your brand in the market. This is where we can help you build trust among your customers and improve your brand reputation.
- Data breaches often lead to the drop of your website server. A small drop in the server can annoy your potential customers. This, in turn, will affect your business negatively.
- Good cybersecurity measures will keep your sensitive data safe and help you keep a good track of your information.
Get in Touch with GIASPACE to Protect Your Organization from Ransomware Attacks
If you’re looking to make a move and get rid of the cybersecurity attacks, all you need to do is join hands with GiaSpace. Being a reputable and reliable IT firm, we will help you with unparalleled service and offer a prompt response. Our ultimate goal is to make your business secure and improve your reputation in the market. We know it’s quite hard for you to manage every aspect and complex issue of your business. For this reason, we’ve come up with the right knowledge, experience, and dedication. We can make things super easy for you with a team of highly zealous and qualified IT experts. So make your business protected with the top-notch cybersecurity services and solutions offered by GiaSpace. Give us a call today, and we would love to solve your queries instantly.