We received a call for help this morning from a small business that learned yesterday they had no access to […]
We received a call for help this morning from a small business that learned yesterday they had no access to any of their company files.
1. No Offsite Backups
2. No Local Backup Software (MSBackup)
3. Backup Drive was USB and completely encrypted
4. No Firewall, No Antivirus, and No Application WL
5. Users were logging in with Administrator
6. Server shares mapped to all the pcs in the office with access to all.
We contacted the Hacker for proof of decryption and they are asking for 5k within the next 12 hours or it goes to 7k. Tech managing the server has no answers. Tech actually suggested they pack the server and bring it to him since he is currently quarantined 3 hours away…
This is the 2nd incident in the past month that we are called in after the fact. Small businesses are being targetted via email and without Professional IT and employee cyber training, they are easy prey. Call 954-255-1757 and have us review your network before an incident happens. #giaspace #ransomwareattack #techfailure #managedserviceprovider #cybersecurity #cyberawareness